AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly
- Internal-frame backpack with 65 L capacity (60 L + 5 L extension collar); made of durable polyester; ideal for hiking and camping
- Extensive storage pockets and compartments; large sleeping-bag compartment; multi-directional compression straps
- Adjustable straps and padded shoulder straps for a comfortable fit; open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels for lower-back support and airflow
- Water-repellent exterior coating and integrated water-resistant rainfly for light rain; waterproof cover included for heavier rain; choice of color
- Measures 30 inches long; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
An Amazon Brand.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly
Gear up for your next great outdoor adventure with the AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly. Ideal for hiking and camping, the backpack provides a durable design for reliable performance, and it offers loads of space for all those must-have essentials. Best of all, it ensures a comfortable fit that will help inspire you further along the trail and onto that next beautiful vista.
Made of durable polyester, the hiking backpack comes in a choice of color (green or black) and a choice of size (70L, 60L, or 50L)—each with an extension collar for an additional 5L of optional storage space.
- Internal-frame backpack for hiking and camping
- Durable polyester construction
- Extensive storage pockets and compartments
- Large sleeping-bag compartment
- Multi-directional compression straps
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit
- Lumbar support for added comfort
- Thick padded shoulder straps
- Integrated water-resistant rainfly
- Water-repellent exterior coating for light rain
- Waterproof cover for heavier rain
- Extension collar for added, optional storage space
- Choice of color and size
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Designed for a variety of body sizes, the backpack provides a secure, fully adjustable fit around the torso, an adjustable waist belt, and adjustable straps at the shoulders for upper-load balance and support. An open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels offer important lower-back support and promote increased airflow, while thick padded shoulder straps make even heavier loads comfortable to carry. The backpack’s design accommodates women and men, youth and adults alike.
Let It Rain
Don’t let a little rain slow you down. The hiking backpack features a water-repellent exterior coating, plus an integrated water-resistant rainfly, which prevents light rain from getting inside. For heavier rain, use the included waterproof cover to keep everything from clothing and food to cameras and other electronics safely protected and dry.
Ample Storage Space
Extensive pockets and roomy compartments help keep stored items organized and easy to find. Even more, the backpack comes equipped with multi-directional compression straps, which help hold your gear securely in place and prevent items from jostling around.
Sleeping Bag Compartment
The backpack’s large sleeping-bag compartment provides designated space for neatly packing and transporting your sleeping bag. The sleeping bag remains perfectly rolled and easy to access right when you need it, whether sleeping in a tent or under the stars.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. The cup holder nets on the sides are already torn up from climbing and general use. (I'd recommend matching the fabric the rest of the pack is made out of rather than netting and making them slightly larger, barely fit a 32oz water bottle in/under the pouch above)
2. The stitching on the top and bottom sinch points are not sturdy, I already have fraying and stitches coming loose from attaching a tent/sleeping pad.
3. The shoulder strap adjusters do not hold the straps in place with a 55lb load in the pack. I had to keep tightening them down while walking.
4. Like other reviewers have said the sleeping bag section in the bottom is barely big enough for a standard size 30 degree sleeping bag. Forget putting your sleeping bag in a stuff-sack then putting it in the bottom compartment, you have to stuff it in then force it to zip.
Overall it will get the job done. But, your shoulders will hurt and you will wish you bought a better bag.
Though I got 75L size, it just doesn't feel like it has much more capacity than my 60L, so consider that in your sizing if you chose to buy it. If you were to pack out the top (that ripped out as I noted above) fully to use the advertised 75L, the top closure would not cover the load.
I liked the included rain cover, and the pack has more external load and compression straps that you could possibly ever use. Would have made some concessions on performance and quality since I only intended to hike 3 mi in and 3 mi out once a year and it was so affordable, but it just did not live up to even my modest expectations.
cost, many thoughtful pockets; clearly has little touches that involved thought to put together (and even more surprising at this prices); able to keep sleeping bag and a stuff sack for liner in the sleeping bag compartment; waterproof tarp came in handy in snow; zippers worked reliably; like that it's all black;
the shoulder slaps always slacken if doing heavy backpacking suddenly given they are positioned against chest, so I'm always unable to get optimal chest fit (or else I have to straighten them out every minute or every hard step I take). if bottle holder were a touch bigger might have been more handy
If you're looking for something basic for travel, you're not looking to weigh this down maybe toss no more that a week's clothes into, it would likely be good for that. Anything else, look elsewhere