C-Pen Exam Reader
|All prices include VAT.|
- Allows students with dyslexia, or other reading difficulties, to take written exams. Bolsters reading independence
- Totally portable, pocket-sized device reads text out aloud with an English human-like digital voice
- Reads with a human-like digital voice in multiple English accents and different languages including: French, Spanish, Italian, German, and more
- Can be used in exams as an alternative to a human reader, Quick, long-lasting charge via USB
- Package includes ExamReader, carry case, USB cable, instruction manual, and earbuds
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Batteries : 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 17.8 x 12.6 x 4.6 cm; 240.4 Grams
- Date First Available : 30 January 2020
- Manufacturer : C-pen
- ASIN : B015OL7XKY
Best Sellers Rank:
#28,375 in Office Products (See Top 100 in Office Products)
- #6,046 in Office Electronics Products
- Customer reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The C-Pen Exam Reader pen scanner is a major technological breakthrough for anyone wanting to read English, Spanish, French, Italian and German exam questions. The C-Pen Exam Reader is a totally portable, pocket-sized device that reads text out aloud with an English, Spanish, French, Italian and German human-like digital voice. This means students who have reading difficulties such as dyslexia can independently take exams knowing that they can read and understand the questions.
Sara, University of Maine says:
"We have had a number of students try out the pen as an alternative to the accommodation of having their test read aloud by a human reader. Students reported that they felt positive about the independence that using the Scan Pen gave them, especially when they needed a specific line or word read a number of times. These students reported that sometimes they feel embarrassed about needing parts of the test read repeated times and can be reluctant to ask for it. Having the Scan Pen available has given our students with disabilities an additional option for how the accommodation of having tests read aloud is implemented, it has given them increased independence during tests, and will likely save us money in the long run and is easier to arrange than having the test read by a computer program like Read and Write or Kurzweil."
The pen is half the size of other portable pen scanners on the market and at 50g is half the weight. As well as promoting Independent Reading this pen is:
- ideal for hearing words & lines of text read aloud
- great for students with dyslexia, reading difficulties and English as a second language
- designed to allow students to be with their peers in the main exam hall with headphones plugged into their pens
- available in a class set of ten pens
Text to speech Use C-Pen Exam Reader to read printed text for you! C-Pen Exam Reader features a high quality naturally speaking British English, American English, Spanish, French, Italian and German voice. Interfaces C-Pen Exam Reader uses a standard micro USB connector for charging, and a standard 3.5 mm connector for your favorite headphones Compact The C-Pen Exam Reader is small, portable, and light making it easy to carry with you anywhere you like to read.
C-Pen Exam Reader Specifications:
- Screen OLED 256*64
- CPU 600MHz
- USB Micro USB
- Earphone 3.5mm
- Battery 1,200mAh
- Scan Font Size Range 6.5 - 22 pt
- Menu Languages English, Spanish, French, Italian and German
- Certifications CE RoHS FCC
- Size Dimensions: 135*33*19mm Weight: 50g
- Exam Reader
- Carry Case
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Of course, her classmates thought it was the coolest thing ever. Thankfully, she doesn't feel like it makes her a target for teasing.
The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because the font-size reading capability is more limiting than I had hoped. As she promotes to higher grade levels, font size decreases and some "large print" options are almost too big for the reader. Not all, but some. I understand the pen is expected to have some limitations but I almost wonder if we just happen to be in the sweet spot of font sizes. Hopefully she will be able to use it for a few years before the font is to small for the pen to read accurately and without mixing words from other sentences. Overall, we truly are grateful for this pen.