- 10% extra discount each month. Use code CB10FEB this February (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
D'Addario Xt Silver Plated Copper Classical Guitar Strings (Xtc44)
- You can return this item for FREE within the allowed return period for any reason and without any shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
- Read more about the return period and Amazon's return policy.
10% extra discount with Citibank. Enter code CB10FEB at checkout. Discount by Amazon.
10% extra discount each month. Use code CB10FEB this February (minimum spend of AED150, max discount of AED50) when using Citi Mastercard credit card. For details visit: www.amazon.ae/citi. Discount by Amazon. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enhance your purchase
|String material type||Nylon|
About this item
- COATED CLASSICAL STRINGS -XT Classical strings feature an advanced corrosion resistance treatment on every wound string in the set, preserving the natural tone and feel of uncoated strings.
- PURE CLASSICAL TONE - Utilizing our proprietary composite basses and precisely intonated Pro-Arté nylon trebles, XT Classical strings provide a superbly dynamic response and pure classical tone.
- TIE ENDS - This set features tie-ends, nylon monofilament material, and silver-plated copper wrap wire.
- EARN REWARD POINTS - D’Addario XT Classical guitar strings come with a code on the recyclable, resealable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- MADE IN THE USA – Our XT Classical strings are made in the USA—drawn to exacting specifications at our New York production facility.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12.1 x 2.5 x 12.1 cm; 28.35 Grams
- Date First Available : 1 February 2020
- Manufacturer : D'Addario
- ASIN : B07TDVRLST
- Item model number : XTC44
- Country of origin : USA
- Customer reviews:
XT are our longest lasting classical strings, combining centuries of D’Addario expertise with modern coating technology. XT Classical features our composite basses, constructed with a long-lasting multifilament core, wrapped with silver-plated copper, and finished with our proprietary XT coating, for bold, projecting tone and extended life span. They’re complimented with our precision Pro-Arte’ nylon treble strings which provide the warm, mellow charm traditionalists love. This Extra Hard tension set provides maximum string resistance and projection.
Top reviews from other countries
1. Good tone,
2. Long enough lasting to be a little lazy on changing them
3. And versatile for many different periods / styles of music
Firstly I overlooked the fact that only half the strings have any metal on them. The three pure nylon strings don't really need a "hydrophobic" (water repelling) coating then, do they. They're not going to rust, even if you're the type to change your strings just once a century. So, a bit of a waste then.
Secondly, even after weeks of playing, I'm finding the metal wound strings very much brighter than the others. To the extent that it's really noticeable when playing. It sounds like you're playing a duet with someone else - which is fine, if that's the sound you're after. 😏
They're quality strings, of course, nicely packaged, a pleasure to set up, etc. But tone is everything. And I don't think the tone works, since it's uneven across the board.
If you still want to give these a try, a piece of advice: give them at least a week to settle. I couldn't believe how long it took them to stabilise. (I used the "leave them tuned up a half step" approach to stretching them evenly.)