Dog Man 9: Grime and Punishment Hardcover – Illustrated, 1 September 2020
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1338535625
- ISBN-13 : 978-1338535624
- Product Dimensions : 14.48 x 2.29 x 21.08 cm
- Publisher : Scholastic US; Illustrated edition (1 September 2020)
- Reading level : 8 - 12 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #13 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
Everyone Digs Dog Man!
* High-intensity, heartwarming, and, above all, hysterically funny. -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* Riotously funny and original. -- School Library Journal, starred review
* An utter, unfettered delight. -- Booklist, starred review
* Readers (of any age) will be giggling from start to finish. -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* Action-oriented cartoons... Laffs aplenty. -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
About the Author
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
3 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Grime and Punishment doesn’t disappoint. It’s largely the story that hurt, hate and resentment about the past tend to imprison the victim not the perpetrator. Instead of being able to create your own narrative you’re trapped in another, malicious person’s story.
Of course, something similar is realized by Raskolnikov in Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment. Only forgiveness and a loving response allow us to move on and live freely.
It may not be the most original message, but this is a book for young children who are hearing these ideas for the first time. Pilkey shows real artistry in crafting such themes around silly stories.
You will find yourself enjoying the story while reading to or alongside your kids. Highly recommended to parents of young children.
The Dogman books have done so many good things for my child who HATED reading! Number one, she’d rather read than watch TV or play video games! Number two, she has started wanting to read the classic works that the Dogman books are based off of. We just finished Call of the Wild, which Brawl of the Wild is based on. And third, she is using very difficult and advanced vocabulary words that she learned from the Dogman books! For children who otherwise don’t like reading, I cannot recommend the Dogman series enough!