Enhance your purchase
From the Back Cover
- Explores the latest syntax: nullish coalescing, optional chaining, let and const, class syntax, private methods, private fields, new.target, numeric separators, BigInt, destructuring, default parameters, arrow functions, async functions, await, generator functions, ... (rest and spread), template literals, binary and octal literals, ** (exponentiation), computed property/method names, for-of, for-await-of, shorthand properties, and more
- Details the new features and patterns: modules, promises, iteration, generators, Symbol, Proxy, reflection, typed arrays, Atomics, shared memory, WeakMap, and WeakSet to name just a few
- Highlights common pitfalls and explains how to avoid them
- Shows how to follow - and participate in - the improvements process
- Explains how to use new features even before they're widely supported
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help experienced programmers do a better job.
About the Author
About the author
Visit us at www.wiley.com for free code samples.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell (27 August 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 608 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119367956
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119367956
- Dimensions : 18.29 x 3.3 x 23.11 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #76,397 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
Top reviews from other countries
As I said, the organization of the book is superb, with great consistency in typography to indicate the hierarchy of chapter content. The examples are clear and well-explained. There are consistent footnotes referencing Internet published standards, which is very helpful. There is advice on when new features should and should not be used. In fact there's good advice about a variety of things.