- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 5.6 x 0.3 inches ; 191 g
- Shipping Weight: 331 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: CW24Wi
- ASIN: B06XDFJJRS
- Date first available at amazon.ae: March 1, 2019
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Kindle Oasis (9th Gen) - 7" High Resolution Display (300 ppi), Waterproof, 32 GB, Wi-Fi, Graphite
This item at this price, sold by amazon.ae, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Our largest, highest resolution display— 7” and 300 ppi, reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
- Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page turn buttons and adaptive front light so you can read even more comfortably for hours.
- 32 GB storage to hold even more books.
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read and relax in even more places.
- Keep reading - a single charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- Browse over 1 million eBooks in the Kindle Store on Amazon US, including thousands of Arabic titles.
We want you to know
Use your existing Amazon account credentials to set-up your Kindle E-reader and purchase eBooks from Kindle Store on Amazon US. Click here to learn more.
Frequently bought together
Size: 32 GB
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Our largest, highest resolution display
Featuring our largest 7-inch 300 ppi display, Kindle Oasis fits over 30% more words per page for fewer page turns. Crisp, laser quality text reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
Designed to feel light as paper
Kindle Oasis tapers to an ultrathin 3.4mm display featuring our strongest cover glass and a sleek, anodized aluminum back. Designed to be portable and lightweight, it’s perfect to take anywhere you want to read.
Ideal for one-handed reading
The ergonomic design shifts the center of gravity to your palm, to rest in your hand like the spine of a book. Easily turn the page with either the touch display or dedicated page turn buttons. Whether you choose to read with your left or right hand, the page orientation automatically rotates to match.
Read books your way
More options than ever before to personalize your ideal reading settings with font sizes, additional boldness levels, left-aligned (ragged right) text, and new accessibility features. Combined with the new, larger 7-inch display, reading on the Kindle Oasis is more comfortable than ever.
Build your Kindle library with ease
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ ON AMAZON.COM
Now supporting thousands of Arabic titles
With an Amazon account, you have access to over a million Kindle eBooks in English, Arabic, French, Hindi and 40 other languages. Try a book before you buy with a free sample. Switch your reading seamlessly between devices - including your phone, tablet, or Kindle e-reader. Set up your Kindle e-reader using your Amazon login credentials or download the free Kindle reading app to start reading however you want, whenever you want.
Compare Kindle E-readers
- Display: Amazon's 7” Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta and built-in light, 300ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
- Size and Weight: 6.3"x 5.6” x 0.13-.33” (159 mm x 141 mm x 3.4-8.3 mm). WiF-Weight: 6.8 oz (194 g). Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content.
- Storage: 8 GB or 32 GB; holds thousands of books. Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless and Bluetooth off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light settings, wireless usage. Fully charges in under 3 hours from a computer USB, or in under 2 hours using the Amazon 5W charger (sold separately).
- Wi-Fi: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, or 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Accessibility Features: VoiceView screen reader, available over Bluetooth audio, provides spoken feedback allowing you to navigate your device and read books with text-to-speech (available in English only). Kindle Oasis also includes the ability to invert Black and White, adjust font size, font face, line spacing and margins.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion; Audible audio format (AAX).
- Included in the Box: Kindle Oasis, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide
- Generation: Kindle Oasis 9th Generation - 2017 release
Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Though I just reach over, grab the edge of my towel, and give the screen a handy swipe if I get it wet while reading in the tub. Also, reading in the tub.
Yeah. I've been doing that a lot lately.
In fact, I've never been so clean in my entire life, and I'm pretty sure my husband would like a chance to use the tub, too, but I'm really not sure I want to give up my bubble bath book reading time.
It works really well, page flip is fantastic, and it blows the fire and paperwhite out of the water.
It's expensive, but so far, it's worth its weight in gold for me.
So far, I haven't turned into a mermaid yet, but I'm working on it.
P.S.: I totally recommend turning off the bathroom light while reading, waiting for your partner to come home and head into the bathroom. Then you can scare them. (The backlight is really nice on this device.)
Absolutely loving the 'Invert Black and White' function, much easier on the eyes.
I tried out the Text-to-Speech function and it's so good it's all I have used so far. The TTS works while the cover is closed. The voice is impressive, even does intonation for questions. I was listening and doing the housework and gardening: great multi-tasking. Makes a nice change from sitting at the computer and reading for 12 hours a day for my thesis!!! I used the TTS for about 8 hours yesterday and drained half the battery.
I bought the material cover for it and it makes it much easier to hold. The cover doesn't easily come off but it can, so would be nice to have a clip to fix it permanently at the back, but that is the only little critique.
Also glad I bought the 32GB version as there is only 27GB of free space available on the device.
The automatic brightness setting is also great.
I borrowed my friends entry level PaperWhite before and the battery was terrible with no lights, but this is the Rolls-Royce!!! The screen is nice and big with better clarity (pixels), the page buttons are much better than tapping the screen while reading and the TTS sounds like an audible book and the lights are worth having.
For me, the best features are the black and white inversion and the TTS.
If they improved the battery life and made a cover that actually stays on, I would give it 5 stars.
It took me some time to realize the way Wi-Fi was turned off was to go to the Airplane Mode. Could have been clearer in the instructions. Much clearer on my DX.
I am still learning how to use the menu's. They obviously evolved through the various iterations of the Kindle, but I was moving from one of the original Kindles so my learning curve was greater.
Pros: lighter, brighter. quicker, more storage, well-made and adjustable page back-lighting
Cons: manual, smaller page turn buttons and down-loading of my library
Am I glad I bought it? Yes
Would I recommend it? Yes