- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 5.6 x 0.3 inches ; 195 g
- Shipping Weight: 331 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: CW24Wi
- ASIN: B06XDK92KS
- Date first available at amazon.ae: April 1, 2019
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#8.909 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- #40 in eBook Readers & Accessories
Kindle Oasis (9th Gen) - 7" High Resolution Display (300 ppi), Waterproof, 8 GB, Wi-Fi, Graphite
This item at this price, sold by amazon.ae, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Our largest, highest resolution display— 7” and 300 ppi, reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read in even more places.
- Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page turn buttons and adaptive front light so you can read even more comfortably for hours.
- Keep reading—a single charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to carry even more titles with you.
We want you to know
Use your existing Amazon account credentials to set-up your Kindle E-reader and purchase eBooks from Kindle Store on Amazon US. Click here to learn more.
Size: 8 GB
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Our largest, highest resolution display
Featuring our largest 7-inch 300 ppi display, Kindle Oasis fits over 30% more words per page for fewer page turns. Crisp, laser quality text reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
Designed to feel light as paper
Kindle Oasis tapers to an ultrathin 3.4mm display featuring our strongest cover glass and a sleek, anodized aluminum back. Designed to be portable and lightweight, it’s perfect to take anywhere you want to read.
Ideal for one-handed reading
The ergonomic design shifts the center of gravity to your palm, to rest in your hand like the spine of a book. Easily turn the page with either the touch display or dedicated page turn buttons. Whether you choose to read with your left or right hand, the page orientation automatically rotates to match.
Read books your way
More options than ever before to personalize your ideal reading settings with font sizes, additional boldness levels, left-aligned (ragged right) text, and new accessibility features. Combined with the new, larger 7-inch display, reading on the Kindle Oasis is more comfortable than ever.
Build your Kindle library with ease
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ ON AMAZON.COM
Now supporting thousands of Arabic titles
With an Amazon account, you have access to over a million Kindle eBooks in English, Arabic, French, Hindi and 40 other languages. Try a book before you buy with a free sample. Switch your reading seamlessly between devices - including your phone, tablet, or Kindle e-reader. Set up your Kindle e-reader using your Amazon login credentials or download the free Kindle reading app to start reading however you want, whenever you want.
Compare Kindle E-readers
- Display: Amazon's 7” Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta and built-in light, 300ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
- Size and Weight: 6.3"x 5.6” x 0.13-.33” (159 mm x 141 mm x 3.4-8.3 mm). WiF-Weight: 6.8 oz (194 g). Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content.
- Storage: 8 GB or 32 GB; holds thousands of books. Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless and Bluetooth off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light settings, wireless usage. Fully charges in under 3 hours from a computer USB, or in under 2 hours using the Amazon 5W charger (sold separately).
- Wi-Fi: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, or 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Accessibility Features: VoiceView screen reader, available over Bluetooth audio, provides spoken feedback allowing you to navigate your device and read books with text-to-speech (available in English only). Kindle Oasis also includes the ability to invert Black and White, adjust font size, font face, line spacing and margins.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion; Audible audio format (AAX).
- Included in the Box: Kindle Oasis, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide
- Generation: Kindle Oasis 9th Generation - 2017 release
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Sleek and solidly built. It looks very nice (but seems like it would be easily damaged if dropped).
Perfectly even screen illumination. Much better than my Paperwhite.
Larger screen, less page turns, larger pictures and graphics.
Faster page turns than any other Kindle I have seen.
Waterproof (nice, but not a huge selling point for me).
Fast screen rotation when changing hands.
Audible. I haven't tried this yet, but definitely a good feature, even if you can't listen and read at the same time.
It's heavy. I'm surprised at this. They should have stuck with plastic to keep the weight down.
It's wide. Not suitable to carry in your pocket. I can cram my Paperwhite into my back pocket but not the Oasis.
It's slippery. This is my biggest complaint. The metal is smooth and hard to grip. It's also cold. It is not easy or comfortable to hold for a long time. I struggle to find a comfortable grip that also allows me to easily get to the page buttons. Reading in bed is even harder if you need to hold it up vertically because it is very difficult to find a good grip that also allows access to the page buttons. I was constantly hitting them by accident. I would not be comfortable walking with it because I would be worried about losing my grip and dropping it. Because of the glass screen, I think it would break more easily than the plastic Kindles, which can take a beating. So the combination of the weight and being hard to hold really lowered my rating. Adding a skin would probably help, but that's more investment in an already very expensive product and adds to the weight.
The auto brightness doesn't seem to work at all for me, I have never seen it adjust even going from a dark to light room.
Battery life has not been great.
So while there is a lot to like, I am debating returning it due to the difficulty in holding it for long periods of time. At this premium price, it should be more ergonomic. I am tempted to buy the previous Oasis model, which is much lighter and smaller, even though I like the larger screen. Ultimately I think most people will be just fine with a Paperwhite. The weight is similar and it is much easier to hold.
I will use it for a few more days and see how it goes and adjust my review accordingly if my opinion changes one way or another.
UPDATE - I have spent a couple months with both the gen 1 and the gen 2 Oasis. I ended up buying both thinking I would return one, but never did. As much as I like the gen 2’s larger screen, I find myself reaching for the gen 1 more often, especially if I am going somewhere. It’s just a much better size and form factor. It’s easier to hold and I can put it in a jacket pocket. The battery lasts longer. The gen 2 is just a tad too big and heavy and I only use it when I am reading at home in a sitting position. It’s too slippery to hold for long when reading in bed. The cold metal is more noticeable now that the weather is cold and it’s off putting. So while I appreciate the sleek design and do like the larger screen, the gen 1 wins out for me. It’s just more user friendly and convenient. I will probably keep both for now and sell the gen 2 at some point when I need some extra cash.
My screen looks awesome. When I compare it to my Paperwhite it has a light pinkish tinge, I actually like that very much. It seems warmer than my stark white bluish Paperwhite screen. The aluminum back feels wonderful and it's weighted just right so it fits right into your hand. Screen rotation is great also. I can read in all 4 positions (portrait has 2 positions & landscape has 2).
This is *the* Kindle Ive always wanted. I read constantly, this new Oasis feels like a gift from the Book gods to me.
I've no complaints. Zero. Nada. Zilch. None. I LOVE this Oasis 2. It's my new BFF and will go everywhere with me.
Thank you, Amazon!
One day, the e-ink actually froze to the last page of a book I was reading.
The device would reboot, but the e-ink would never change from the last page. Somehow I ordered the book I was reading(kindle unlimited book), probably from me touching touching the screen trying to get it to do something.
No big deal, it was under warranty, and I initiated a return. The return took a week. I guess you have to shell out more money for the super speedy service.
Second device...booted fine, but the WiFi was faulty. No WiFi, no reading. Try to initiate a return, they offered a full refund. Store credit, said I would receive the credit once I dropped off with UPS. Did not get a store credit, they just said wait a week for a refund to the credit card.
I was going to order another Oasis, but I think I will get a paperwhite, that device never failed.
2-2 failures is enough to tell me that the device has issues. Even one that was 'certified' refurbished by Amazon approved techs that checked full functionality of the device.
Oh yeah, the replacement wasn't new, they send refurbish, probably returns that were broke in the first place.
1) Price - $$$
2) Contrast when reading in dark room at night. The white background has a bit of a grey tinge to it because of the back lighting, the black letters of the book aren't as bold as they could be. Don't notice this during the day when there is more ambient light on the screen.
3) Tried the reverse (white letters on black screen) . Doesn't work well at night because the back lighting also illuminates the black background.