Mine, All Mine!: A Book About Pronouns Paperback – Picture Book, 1 October 1999
Enhance your purchase
What is a pronoun? How do you use it? Do you say, These candies are for him and me--or he and I?
Explore language and discover how to use pronouns and their many forms from personal to reflexive to demonstrative.
Praise for Mine, All Mine!
"Once again, Heller has taken a part of speech and made its function perfectly and entertainingly clear. ... From cover to cover, the stylishly drawn, brilliantly colored, double-paged illustrations grab readers and don't let go. ... Who would have thought pronouns could be such fun?"--School Library Journal
"Bold, handsome illustrations accompanied by a jaunty, rhymed text demonstrate their importance ... with all the panache of a Madison Avenue publicity campaign. ... Language teachers, rejoice!"--The Horn Book
About the Explore! series:
Dedicated to helping children learn a variety of nonfiction subjects, the Explore series uses pitch-perfect rhyming text and brilliantly illustrated images to make learning fun.
Books in the series:
1. Behind the Mask: A Book About Prepositions
2. Cache of Jewels: And Other Collective Nouns
3. Fantastic! Wow! and Unreal!: A Book About Interjections and Conjunctions
4. Kites Sail High: A Book About Verbs
5. Many Luscious Lollipops: A Book About Adjectives
6. Mine, All Mine!: A Book About Pronouns
7. Merry-Go-Round: A Book About Nouns
8. Up, Up and Away: A Book About Adverbs
1. Animals Born Alive and Well: A Book About Mammals and Their Young
2. Chickens Aren't the Only Ones: A Book About Animals Who Lay Eggs
3. The Reason for a Flower: A Book About Flowers, Pollen, and Seeds
4. Plants that Never Ever Bloom: A Book About Fungi, Ferns, and Other Plants Without Flowers
--School Library Journal
"Bold, handsome illustrations accompanied by a jaunty, rhymed text demonstrate their importance ... with all the panache of a Madison Avenue publicity campaign. ... Language teachers, rejoice!"
--The Horn Book
From the Back Cover
- Publisher : Puffin; Illustrated edition (1 October 1999)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 48 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0698117972
- ISBN-13 : 978-0698117976
- Reading age : 5 - 8 years
- Dimensions : 22.38 x 0.41 x 23.65 cm
- Customer reviews:
Top reviews from other countries
Great book, part of a series that addresses other grammar rules. I would like to have them all.