- Paperback: 118 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing Limited (November 10, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1785284924
- ISBN-13: 978-1785284922
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.3 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 358 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Node.js Essentials Paperback – 10 November 2015
|New from||Used from|
Amazon Global Store US
About the Author
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Some examples of errors:
- instructs you to create a server listening on port 8080, then has you call it with port 8000.
- creates a router with router.post, then has you call it from the URL entry localhost:8080/message. Well, you can't do a post from a URL; you can however do a 'get' from a URL.
- it tells you to enter the messages for the router.use method, then gives the output. Nothing I could find to enter on the URL line would work.
I'm reading this book because I don't know much about node.js. I can't afford to try and figure out what the author meant. When learning something, I'm dependent on the author giving me the exact code and values that are returned; I can't be expected, as a novice with node.js, to spot what might be wrong and correct it.
I think the author knows his stuff, but it needs another pass with a good proofreading and someone to copy/paste/execute the each and all of the coding examples!