- Paperback: 389 صفحات
- الناشر: American Academy of Pediatrics (4 مارس، 2014)
- اللغة: English
- الرقم الدولي المعياري للكتاب ISBN-10: 9781581108378
- الرقم الدولي المعياري للكتاب ISBN-13: 978-1581108378
- ASIN: 1581108370
- أبعاد المنتج: 15.2 x 2.3 x 22.9 cm
- وزن الشحن: 476 g
- الأعلى تقييماً: كن أول من يقيم هذا المنتج
Mama Doc Medicine: Finding Calm and Confidence in Parenting, Child Health, and Work-Life Balance (English) غلاف ورقي – 4 مارس 2014
|جديد من||مستعمل من|
"يرجى إعادة المحاولة."
A funny, irreverent, compassionate, and timely guide to how to raise a child in an era when misinformation often rules the day.
Dr Wendy Sue Swanson is a brilliant pediatrician, but she is a mom first. She has an unmatched talent for conveying important health-related information with compassion and empathy by providing the data, offering her opinion, and empowering parents to make informed choices. This collection of blog posts and stories is for parents who want to join other parents in understanding the true science behind pediatric recommendations and the struggles we all face with work-life balance.
- Alanna Levine, MD, FAAP
- Paul A. Offit, MD, FAAP; Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases; The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Author of Autism's False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure I first discovered Wendy Sue Swanson as @SeattleMamaDoc on Twitter. I loved seeing her take on the most important children's health issues of the day. From there I found her terrific blog. Here in one collection is the best of Seattle Mama Doc, evidence-based advice on so many of the questions parents raise. It is packed with practical information; loaded with facts and tips to let you make informed decisions about your child's life. It also contains great advice on balancing your role as a parent with the other things you do in your life. A must read for new parents!
- Richard Besser, MD, FAAP; Chief Medical Editor, ABC News; Author of Tell Me the Truth, Doctor In Mama Doc Medicine, Dr Swanson effortlessly tackles some of the most difficult and controversial parenting topics with guidance, facts, and real-world examples - leaving you informed and inspired. Life would have been a lot less stressful if my wife and I had had this book when we were starting our family.
- Seth Mnookin; Associate director, MIT Graduate Program in Science Writing; Author of The Panic Virus I dare you to read this book and NOT immediately incorporate several new techniques into your parenting style. You'll find yourself continually quoting "Mama Doc" to family and friends over the course of any given day.
- Michele Borba, PhD; Internationally recognized parenting expert; Today show contributor; Author of 22 books including The Big Book of Parenting Solutions and Building Moral Intelligence Dr Swanson has used the tools of the digital age to define herself as one of this generation's most genuine and influential physician voices. Mama Doc Medicine delivers actionable, evidence-based information with the type of transparent, reassuring authority that only she can deliver.
- Bryan Vartabedian, MD; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital; Blogger at 33charts.com I wish I had this book when I was a new mom! Filled with humor and compassion, Mama Doc Medicine is a great guide for helping parents navigate all the stages of childhood and not forgetting their own health in the process!
- Laurie David; Author of Stop Global Warming: The Solution Is You!; Producer of An Inconvenient Truth
From the Inside Flap
A compilation of some of her most popular blog posts married with new content and updated links, Mama Doc Medicine: Finding Calm and Confidence in Parenting, Child Health, and Work-Life Balance is a timely collection of nearly 100 insights grouped into 4 relevant themes.
Here in one collection is the best of Seattle Mama Doc, evidence-based advice on so many of the questions parents raise. It is packed with practical information; loaded with facts and tips to let you make informed decisions about your child's life.
Richard Besser, MD, FAAP
Chief Health and Medical Editor, ABC News, and author of Tell Me the Truth, Doctor
I dare you to read this book and NOT immediately incorporate several new techniques into your parenting style.
Michele Borba, EdD
Internationally recognized parenting expert, Today show contributor, and author of 22 books, including The Big Book of Parenting Solutions and Building Moral Intelligence
"Parents want to do what is right," explains author, blogger, and pediatrician Wendy Sue Swanson, MD, MBE, FAAP. Yet because many parents find that defining what's right can sometimes be elusive, Dr Swanson has created this innovative guide to help.
Part 1: Prevention
Part 2: Social-Emotional Support
Part 3: Immunizations
Part 4: Work-Life Balance/Mothering Based on Dr Swanson's experience as a mother and physician, this book provides simple answers to the "how," "what," "why," and "who" questions of parenting.
شاهد وصف المنتج كافة
لا يوجد تقييمات
|5 نجوم (٠%)||٠%|
|4 نجوم (٠%)||٠%|
|3 نجوم (٠%)||٠%|
|نجمة واحدة (٠%)||٠%|