When do these terms and conditions apply?
HSBC Bank Middle East Limited - UAE (“we” or “us” or “HSBC”) has collaborated with Amazon.ae (“Amazon”) in regards to “HSBC Amazon Mobile Mania Campaign” (“Campaign”).
The campaign period is from 27 June 2020 up to 30 June 2020 – both days inclusive for all Amazon.ae users. Amazon Prime Customers will have early access to the Amazon Mobile Mania event as of the 26 June 2020 between 11:00 am and 11:00 pm, UAE local time (“Campaign Period”).
These terms and conditions (“Campaign Terms and Conditions”) apply in respect of the Campaign. These apply to you so far as the law and regulations permit so please read them carefully.
Who are eligible to participate in the Campaign?
- The Campaign is open to HSBC customers who (“Eligible Cardholders”): (i) have a valid HSBC Credit or Debit Card (“HSBC Card”) issued in the UAE; (ii) are recipients of the electronic message(s) regarding this Campaign; (iii) have logged into their Amazon.ae account and are paying with an HSBC Card at checkout; AND (Iv) meet the eligible purchase criteria mentioned below “Eligible Purchase”
- The Campaign is not open to HSBC Corporate Credit Card holders.
What is the Offer?
- Eligible Cardholders will receive a 10% cashback or AED 50, whichever is lower, in their Amazon.ae account in the form of an Amazon gift card, when they make Eligible Purchases with an eligible HSBC Card during the Campaign Period (“Offer”).
- The maximum Offer for each Eligible Cardholder for the Eligible Purchases under this Campaign is AED 50 (“Maximum Cashback”).
- Amazon Gift Card is non-transferable, may not be resold and may not be redeemed for cash.
- Maximum Cashback is applicable on overall Eligible Purchases per unique Amazon.ae account during the Campaign Period.
- If you do not purchase the qualifying items added to the Shopping Cart in the Campaign Period, the Offer will not apply.
When and which spends qualify for the purpose of the campaign “Eligible Purchases”?
- An Eligible Purchase is a purchase made during the Campaign Period using an eligible HSBC Card and under an Amazon.ae account. Items may be purchased across multiple orders however we will only consider those made using the same HSBC Card as first used within the Campaign Period and under the same amazon.ae account. Any purchases made with a different HSBC Card post your first Eligible Purchase under your Amazon.ae account, or any purchases made with the same HSBC Card post your first Eligible Purchase under a different Amazon.ae account will not be considered as an Eligible Purchase for the purposes of this Campaign.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of purchases and free promotional items.
- In the event that your HSBC Card is lost or stolen, you can continue making purchases with your replacement Card when you receive it and the Eligible Purchase made within the Campaign Period will qualify for this Campaign.
- If any of the products or content purchased are returned or refunded, the Offer will not be applicable.
- Any decision about whether you qualify for the Offer or whether purchases qualify as Eligible Purchases for the purposes of this Campaign shall be determined by HSBC and Amazon in our sole discretion. Any fraudulent activity identified by HSBC or Amazon in relation to this campaign, may result in the customer not being eligible for the Offer.
- Amazon and HSBC reserve the right to modify or cancel the Offer and/or these Terms, at any time and without notice.
When and how will I get the Offer?
- If you fulfill these Campaign Terms and Conditions, the final cashback Offer amount will be applied on the total amount of Eligible Purchases on Amazon.ae up to AED 50 and will be credited into your Amazon.ae account used to make the Eligible Purchases in the form of an Amazon gift card following the end of the Mobile Mania event, and within 14 days. You will receive an email from Amazon in this respect on the email address you have registered on your Amazon.ae account. The cashback Offer can be used for future purchases on Amazon.ae and has a validity of 10 years and are subject to Amazon’s Conditions of Use & Sale and their Gift Cards Terms and Conditions.
Do any other Terms and Conditions apply to me?
- HSBC Personal Banking General Terms & Conditions (UAE), Credit Card Agreement Terms, HSBC Black Credit Card Terms & Conditions, Cashback Credit Card Terms and Conditions and other third party Terms and Conditions govern your HSBC Cards. As a customer of HSBC your general banking relationship with us is governed by the HSBC Personal Banking General Terms and Conditions (UAE). For Flexi account, Flexi Account Terms and Conditions apply. These can be found on our website at www.hsbc.ae. Please ensure you have read and understood them. In addition to this, where you have taken a specific HSBC product, your product will be governed by the applicable product terms and conditions. You must ensure that you have read and understood the product terms and conditions applicable to your HSBC product(s).
- Additionally, Amazon's Conditions of Use & Sale and the Gift Cards Terms and Condition apply.
What else do I need to know about the Campaign?
- In no event shall HSBC, any of its affiliates, or any of its employees or agents be liable or responsible for any loss, damage or expense arising out of or otherwise related to this Offer.
- HSBC shall not be in breach of its obligations or otherwise be liable to conduct the Offer as a result of any Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event in these terms and conditions, shall mean circumstances beyond the reasonable control of HSBC and unforeseeable situations including, amongst other things, acts of God, industrial disputes, acts and regulations of any governmental or authority in any jurisdiction, epidemics, pandemics, diseases or public health emergencies, etc. In such circumstances, HSBC's obligations to the cardholder shall automatically stand discharged without the need to provide notice.
- HSBC does not offer or provide any warranties, nor accept any responsibility or liability of any kind in respect of the Offer or the services or goods associated with the Campaign and hereby disclaims any and all express or implied warranties with respect of the same.
- HSBC shall not be responsible if the quality of goods or services provided by any merchant are not up to the satisfaction of Eligible Cardholders.
- These Campaign Terms and Conditions only apply in the UAE. We reserve the right at our discretion to amend these Campaign Terms and Conditions or end the Campaign at any time without prior notice to you. Our decision on all matters relating to the Campaign shall be final and conclusive.
- An Eligible Cardholder that transacts during the Campaign Period shall be deemed to have accepted his/her participation in the Campaign as per these Terms & Conditions of the Campaign.
- You agree to take part in any promotional activities reasonably requested by us if you qualify for the Offer.
- You consent to your data being stored, transferred and processed (either in UAE or overseas) by HSBC, its group companies and its authorized third parties to contact you if you qualify for the Offer.
- Participating in this Campaign does not grant entrants the right to use HSBC’s name, logo or images from or relating to the Campaign without HSBC’s explicit written approval. Entrants may not make any public announcement regarding the Offer or any other aspect of this Campaign without HSBC’s prior written consent.
- For all rates, fees and charges as set out on the HSBC Schedule of Services and Tariffs, please visit our website at www.hsbc.ae.
- These Campaign Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, and in particular by the laws of the Emirate of Dubai. All disputes relating to these Campaign Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the non-DIFC courts of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.