Browse through these frequently asked questions to learn more about prepaid mobile recharges.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I am not an Amazon customer. Can I recharge using Amazon.ae?
Please sign up on Amazon.ae by clicking here to recharge your prepaid mobile numbers.
2. What are the different mobile operators, mobile recharges and payment methods supported on Amazon.ae?
The available mobile operators will be displayed in the drop down menu on the Mobile Recharges page. Amazon.ae currently supports prepaid mobile recharges only under the mobile operators Du and Etisalat.
You can pay for your orders using Credit/Debit card and Amazon Gift Card balance. Cash on Delivery Payment option is unavailable.
3. I changed my mobile from a post-paid connection to a prepaid connection. Will I be able to do a prepaid recharge?
Yes, you can recharge your prepaid mobile number.
4. I have ported my mobile number from one mobile operator to another. Will I be able to do a pre-paid recharge?
Yes, when you enter your mobile number, the operator will be auto-populated. If the operator information is incorrect, you can manually choose the operator from the drop down menu.
5. I want to recharge my parent's mobile number but I am unable to remember the cellular operator. Will Amazon be able to identify the cellular operator from the mobile number?Our system should be able to automatically identify the cellular operator from the mobile number unless your mobile number was not ported to any other operator. If the number has been ported to another operator, you may need to change the mobile operator selected in the drop down menu. If the incorrect mobile operator is selected, the recharge request will fail and your payment method will not be charged.
6. How much time will it take for a recharge to be successful?
The prepaid mobile recharge will take 10 seconds to 5 minutes to complete after the payment confirmation. In rare scenarios, the mobile operator can take up to 48 hours to successfully complete the recharge request. You can check the latest status of the recharge by visiting Your Orders .
If the recharge is pending for 48 hours after payment confirmation, the order will be cancelled and a refund will be initiated to the original payment method within 24 hours post cancellation.
7. What is the maximum recharge limit? What if I enter a recharge amount outside the approved range?
We have amount based recharges between AED 5 and AED 525. You can select a set recharge amount or enter the recharge amount manually. You need to enter the recharge amount in multiples of five for Etisalat recharges.
The amount entered will be validated and you will see an error message for an invalid amount entry before making payment.
8. Will I be able to see my past recharge history?
Yes, you will be able to see your recharge orders by visiting Your Orders . The status of these recharges can also be seen from this page.
9. What is an Operator Reference number?
For every Recharge, the operator will provide a reference number called Operator Reference number that will be displayed to the customer on the 'Thank You page' and in Your Orders once the payment is successful. It could take up to 48 hours to complete the mobile recharge after the Operator Reference Number has been generated.
If a recharge is not successful, you will receive a notification that the order is pending. If the recharge is pending for 48 hours after payment confirmation, the order will be cancelled and a refund will be initiated to the original payment method.10. My recharge order is pending 48 hours after the payment confirmation.
If an order is pending 48 hours after payment confirmation a refund will be initiated to your original payment method. If you have any further questions, please contact us .
11. My recharge failed but payment was successful. When will I receive a refund?
If the details you entered for your recharge are invalid, the recharge will be unsuccessful. In some cases, the payment may go through but the recharge will fail at the mobile operator's end. Recharges done using Amazon Gift Card balance will be refunded instantly for failed transactions. For recharges done using Credit/Debit card, the refund should be processed within 5-7 business days.
12. What happens if I recharge a wrong number?
We are unable to cancel a recharge order once placed. We recommend checking the mobile number before completing your order.
13. My payment was successful and I got a message from Amazon that my order was successful, but my recharge has not gone through.
If your recharge is successful, we will send you a confirmation email along with the Operator reference number. You can view the operator reference number by clicking on the order details in Your Orders . You can also check the status of recharge from your operator by quoting the Operator Reference Number. Please allow up to 48 hours for your recharge to be completed with the mobile operator.
14. Are there purchase limits for recharges?
Yes, there are purchase limits in place for recharges.
* If multiple recharges are done for a mobile number through the same Amazon.ae account or multiple Amazon.ae accounts that amounts to unfair usage of the recharge system, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel any recharge order without prior notice.
* Telecom operators may enforce a time interval ranging from a few seconds up to 5 minutes before any consecutive attempts of recharging the same mobile number. Please wait for 5 minutes between two consecutive recharge attempts for the same mobile number.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please select what best describes the information:
Thanks! While we're unable to respond directly to your feedback, we'll use this information to improve our online Help.